Brewista's innovative Ratio Scale allows users to make perfect pour over coffee by pacing the amount of water to pour. The scale automatically calculates the water needed based on the amount of coffee grounds used and chosen ratio. Dual timing bars display the actual and desired pour rates. Matching the timing bars achieves the recommended 2½ minute pour time.
The Ratio Scale makes a perfect training tool for baristas and coffee lovers alike that want to get their pour over coffee dialed in. It features automatic and fully manual modes, and the water to grounds ratios are adjustable. The Ratio Scale takes care of the math so you can take care of the customers!
- Dual timing bars display the actual and desired pour rates
- Adjustable water to grounds ratios
- Automatic and manual modes
- Great training tool for new baristas
- Water resistant nano coating
- USB rechargeable battery (micro USB charging cord included)
- Includes protective cover/tray
- Includes silicone pad for water and temperature change resistance
- Maximum weight: 2kg; accuracy: 0.1 g.
1. Place your brewing vessel onto the platform.
2. Press ZERO button to tare and set display to zero.
◦ Brewing vessel weight must be zeroed out before adding coffee grounds.
3. When the coffee bean icon appears, add the desired amount of coffee grounds to your brewing vessel.
4. Press RATIO button - the scale will calculate the target weight using the selected ratio.
5. When kettle icon appears and weight in the lower right of LCD reads, “0.0”:
◦ Start the timer by pressing the TIMER button.
◦ Begin adding water to your brewing vessel.
◦ As the timer counts up, the Upper “Target” rate bar segments appear at 10-second intervals.
◦ As water is added, the Lower “Actual” rate bar segments appear.
6. When the weight of the water added reaches 60g less than the calculated amount shown at the top right, the screen begins to flash.
7. Once the lower display reading reaches the upper display volume the entire display screen will change colour from orange to white.
1. Place brewing vessel on the scale platform - after 3 seconds, weight reading goes to “0.0” (Auto-tares).
2. When the coffee bean icon appears in the upper left of the LCD screen, add coffee grounds to the brewing vessel.
3. Press the RATIO button.
◦ The upper right of the LCD shows the calculated target weight and the lower display shows zero.
4. When the kettle icon appears, begin adding water to your brewing vessel.
◦ The count-up timer begins automatically.
◦ The Upper “Target” rate bar segments appear at 10-second intervals.
◦ The Lower “Actual” rate bar segments appear as water is added.
◦ Pour brewing water at a rate that keeps the lower and upper bars even.
◦ When the weight of the added water reaches 60g less than the calculated amount shown at the top right of the LCD.
5. Once the Target Weight is reached, the display color will change from orange to white.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.